Saturday, May 26, 2018

How do you speak German?

I can’t wait to begin this 6 week adventure in Germany! One of the things I’m most excited about is living with a host family. I think that the best way to get to know what a place is really like is to live with the people who live there. Last summer, I spend two months living in a rural village in Uganda and getting to know the family whose house my group was staying at was one of the best parts of the experience. They taught us so much about the culture of the village and I am so excited to have that experience again, although in a very different place. I am also very excited to travel on the weekends. I have been to Europe before with my family, but I’ve never traveled here by myself/with friends, so I think it will be a fun challenge. One thing that I hope to learn (other than what we learn in class) is how to speak a bit of German. I don’t know a thing about the language, but I know that people tend to really appreciate it when visitors make an effort to learn the local language so fingers crossed that it’ll happen!!

No comments: