Saturday, May 26, 2018

Auf Wiedersehen Texas! Hallo Bonn!

In just two short days our program in Bonn begins, and I can't believe its finally here! I have been in Europe the past ten days traveling around Italy with my family. On Monday they will drop me off in Frankfurt where I will get to meet up with the group and begin our six week adventure! Although I have been abroad before, it has always been with my family. This program will be there first time I really go off on my own to Europe, and I am equal amounts of nervous and excited. I cannot wait for the adventures the next few weeks will bring, and to get to know the other people on this trip.

I picked this study abroad mainly because of the topic, History of Medicine. I think it will be an amazing experience to learn about it in Europe, where so many advances in the medical field were made. I had some biomedical engineering friends participate in the spring study abroad and absolutely loved it! So, I cannot wait to experience it on my own!

One of the things I am most excited about is getting to become friends with the people on my trip. Going in, I don't know many of them so I think it will be really cool to see how my relationship with these people evolve. So far GroupMe has been my main form of communication with them, so it will be fun to put the faces to the names.

I would have thought that since I had been abroad before packing would be a breeze, little did I realize, packing for eight weeks is an entirely different ball game. Since I have already been in Europe a few days, I am already starting to realizes some serious packing mistakes. For example, did I really need to bring that many pairs of shoes, and maybe the seven huge books I brought might be taking up a little bit too much space... Also I am very happy to get to Bonn, where for the most part I get to leave my suitcase in one place!!! Woohoo!! Let me tell you, lugging a suitcase through Italian train stations is hard work!


Ciao from me and my family! See you soon Bonn!!


My mom, grandma (we call her Nonnie) and I in the Colosseum! 


Me and the parents in Cinque Terra!






No comments: