Thursday, July 06, 2017

Weekend 3- Karbholz For Life

This weekend’s adventures consisted of an epic German rock concert and Brussels once again. On Friday night, we journeyed about an hour from Bonn to a rural area to see our very own Henning’s rock concert! My one regret is not wearing more black. I showed up wearing a pink shirt and you could definitely tell I didn’t exactly fit in, but oh well. 

Although I didn’t know all the words, I definitely rocked out. I was in the middle of a mosh pit for a while which was interesting. I even got Henning’s drum sticks from the concert— they are supposed to be a gift for my brother who plays the drums but I might just keep them as a reminder of this epic weekend. On Saturday I went to Brussels again for just the one night. I got to have more waffles and delicious french fries. 

Because this was my second time to visit, I was a lot more relaxed and not worried about seeing everything in 24 hours. We walked around casually and had a few beers on a terrace overlooking a beautiful garden. 

Our dinner Saturday night was amazing. There was a line outside of the restaurant, but I am so glad we waited. I had goulash with potatoes and the meat was seriously the best I have ever had. Everyone was so full by the time we were done eating. 

It was a great weekend!

No comments: