Thursday, July 06, 2017

My First Week in Europe

Well, I’ve made it through my first week in Germany! So much has happened this week. From first landing in Frankfurt and having to navigate the subways to our hotel. To getting separated from Kalea on the underground and having to meet at the “zoo” platform to find each other again. Everyone on the program seems great and I can’t wait to go on many adventures with everyone! My host mom Isabelle is the best. For our first dinner together, she cooked chicken cordon blue which was delicious! My room in the house is awesome and I can’t wait to spend 6 full weeks here. We went on a hike during the holiday this week to the 7 hills across the Rhine from where my house is almost. It was beautiful! 



The hike was a little longer than expected but totally worth the climb! Surprisingly I wasn’t jet-lagged at all. I think because I had an overnight flight and managed to sleep the whole time. The food in Bonn is great. The first place we ate for lunch at was in the middle of Bonn and I had my first schnitzel. I would definitely recommend. Can’t wait to experience more of Germany!

No comments: