Saturday, July 01, 2017

The Last Adventure (For now...)


Guys, this was our last week! I seriously can't believe how fast this trip has gone. Our last week in Germany included the last day in Bonn and our Berlin Adventure. The last day at Bonn was bitter sweet to me because I grew fond of the town and I will miss walking next to the Rhine. Our main adventure this week was Berlin and it has left an impression on me. When I first walked in the city, I was not impressed at first and I thought the city was a little too dirty. But, after a while, the city grew on me. I started to enjoy more of the deep history and the modern look of the city. The city had a New York City vibe, but it seemed more modern than New York with the recent construction. I was personally happy about the diversity of food available in Berlin, from the famous doner to Indian food to Moroccan dishes. Almost all of the food in Berlin was delicious and I will miss Germany mayonnaise when I get back home. During our stay in Berlin, we visited many museums, from an exhibit about alchemy to the Neues Museum. At the alchemy exhibit, I almost started laughing at the museum because I saw a manga book in a glass case that I have at home. It was interesting to see all of this modern art and then to see a manga book that probably cost ten dollars. The exhibit was extremely interesting and I personally enjoyed looking at the artifacts and learning more about alchemy. We also went on a bike tour the first day in Berlin and it turned out a lot better than I first expected. I thought there was going to be a bike crash or someone getting lost, but it turned out just fine. We were also lucky that is wasn’t raining on that day compared to the others and we were able to see many famous spots in Berlin in a couple of hours. I was fascinated at the amount of the history in the past hundred years that is displayed in the city. We saw many of these monuments during the bike tour and I would love to go on a more in depth tour about Berlin’s interesting history. I do believe my biking skills has increased during the trip, but I m still no expert at biking. I am going to miss Europe, but I am also happy to come home. My mom calls me and tells me everyone at home is missing so I think it was time to go back. Even my little nephew is asking every week where his Aunt Abby is. At the end, I think this adventure has made me even more curious about traveling and I would love to travel more in the future. And lastly, I hope everyone has safe travels to where ever they may go and successful hero’s journey.

No comments: