Thursday, July 06, 2017

Weekend 4- "Bloody hell, Mate!"


It has been four weeks since leaving the land of english… I almost forgot what it was like to read and understand all signs and menus. Not to mention being able to properly ask a question without an extensive amount of hand gestures and pointing. For the long weekend, I spent my time in London. My first time in the UK…. and I absolutely loved it! I’m still a little disappointed in my parents for not sending me off here to pick up a British accent. I don’t think we ever slept we were so busy hitting all of the highlights— King’s Cross Station, Piccadilly circus, Tower Bridge, London Eye, British Museum, the Churchill war Museum, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben. It was everything I could have imagined. 







The weekend went by so fast, I will definitely be back to enjoy it some more. With the theme of my trip… getting back was interesting. Our flight was from an airport about an hour by train away and the earliest train didn’t get us there in time. So, we had to take the latest train Sunday night. We were going to sleep in the airport… until at 1 AM we got kicked out because they close for 3 hours. We casually spent some time napping in a train station until they reopened. It wouldn’t be as fun of a trip without some unplanned adventures. Can’t wait to be back in the near future hopefully!

No comments: