Thursday, July 06, 2017

Weekend 2-- My Prague Adventures

For my second weekend in Europe, I went to Prague with some friends from the program. My hometown in Texas has a large Czech heritage and population so I was very excited to be in the Czech Republic myself. I have no idea what you actually call the currency there, but we called them “Czeckles.” Close enough I think. We spent the weekend touring and walking around and seeing all the highlights of the city. We hiked to the top of the famous Prague Castle and got to see an excellent view of the entire city. I even face-timed my sister from the top so she could see the view too! 


We saw the famous Prague clock that is in the middle of the main square. It was cool because it is so old and the mechanical aesthetic of it, but honestly it was a little underwhelming. But, glad I got to see it! 

We took a canal tour to see the famous places from a different view which was a neat experience. One of the famous landmarks in Prague is the Charles Bridge which we walked across. It was beautiful! People lock locks onto the bridge as a sign of love. 

Another fun activity we did was make chocolates at a chocolate factory! Overall, it was a great weekend and I can’t wait to visit Prague again! 

No comments: