Monday, August 04, 2008

Visit with Family in Munich

In the afternoon in Munich, I visited my father's foreign exchange student whose family lives there. Regina, her daughter and I discussed health insurance in Germany as most Germans seem to love discussing such exciting topics. It's quite a different viewpoint hearing about the system from a doctor versus a German citizen. Their whole family has private insurance which from my understanding should allow them the best facilities hands down. Come to find out, you will get nicer facilities if they will actually profit well off of you. For example, Regina was in the hospital for a surgery, bedridden for days, so was provided a beautiful facility. Her daughter who gave birth to a little girl 3 months ago, a less profitable stay, was placed in a small, very old room in the bad end of the hospital I suppose no health insurance system is to predictable or consistent. I joined the rest of the group that night at the bars and enjoyed watching Peter and Drew skip down the street with linked arms in their Leiderhosen.

No comments: