Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Being home - feels good!! and sad...

So I'm finally back in College Station. I spent all of last week at my parents house because there was no one there. I really needed the peace and quiet and time to relax and chill with the dogs. When my parents finally came back in yesterday morning I had to go back over my entire trip for them. Since it had been a while since I had talked about the trip with anyone, going over my pictures and looking at some of the things I brought back with me brought up all of the feelings I had when I had originally got back. All I can say is that this trip has been amazing. I don't know if I will ever be able to experience anything like it. Being able to go behind the scences and receive information that the typical tourist wouldn't be able to get is something I am very grateful of. I'm actually having trouble trying to come up with words to describe it all. I do have to say though that as soon as I got home I was ready for certain home comforts that I wasn't able to have the entire time I was there. My sister picked me up from the airport late at night and took me to IHOP so that I could get, according to her, some American home cooking. Not sure that I could qualify the International house of pancakes as home cooking but we'll go with it cause it was good. The very next day her fiancee took me out for mexican food. Oh yeah!! Anyway, I've been able to see all of my family and friends and show them pictures of the trip and talk about what all I did in the big bad world of Europe. Every time anyone would ask me about it, I didn't know where to start because we were able to do and experience so many different things while we were there. Needless to say, every time I had the conversation it went on for quite a while. They all asked me what my least favorite part of the trip was and my answer was, the plane ride home. It was practically torture. I was so tired of traveling because of all the train and bus rides we had taken over the course of the trip and then to have to sit still on a plane for a total of 13 hours, I was about to go crazy. I pretty sure thats what the guy that was sitting next to me on my last flight thought because I could not sit still so I was constantly shifting around and trying to find something to occupy myself. Oh well, I made it home with all of my luggage and nothing breaking so I would say that the trip was a total success. Now that I've had some time to be home and look back, I miss Germany. It was a beautiful country with a great complex history and wonderful people. I'm glad to be home but I almost wish I could mesh the two and then it would be a happy place. :)

No comments: