Sunday, August 10, 2008

Made it back

Well I finally made it back to the states and my house after 22 LONG hours of traveling. I think that next time I will not pick a flight that leaves at 7:30 in the morning. So of course, I wake up at 4 still feeling the effects from the previous night, and immediately have to throw my stuff into the suitcase and get to the taxi in order to hurry to the airport just to wait around. Everything worked out alright on the way to London, but of course, I have problems in London (on the way to Dusseldorf I almost missed my flight from London to Dusseldorf, its a long story involving going to the wrong section of gates (which at Heathrow is a completely different building) and having to get a ride back to the correct gate from a security guard in his personal golf cart). For whatever reason one of the flight attendants couldn't go on the flight, so we sat at the gate on the plane for 90 long minutes. I normally sit window seat because I like to look out the window and have my own little personal bubble no one bothers, but I had to sit aisle, and let me tell you, that was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life, I swear one guy got up every 20 minutes just to walk around the cabin. I now have an extreme respect for flight attendants, because that job must suck royally. And of course, my bag did not make it to Houston. Don't get me wrong I love to travel and go to new places, but I hate the actual act of traveling, especially when it's not me driving. Thankfully, we stopped at HEB on the way back to my parents' house and I got my favorite chips and salsa, and found an imported hefeweiss beer from Germany, which I am currently drinking. I just wanted to blog about how much airplanes and the actual act of traveling sucks.

No comments: