Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet Home College Station

Yes, Evan and I made it out of Berlin. Oh what an adventure.

When I landed in Houston and saw the U.S. and Texas Flag waving in the sky, it was an amazing feeling to be home. But for 5 weeks, I made Germany my home... and I actually miss it. Certain aspects of the country and the people I met there grew on me, and it is sad to think that I may not ever see them again. I thought it was strange when my parents asked me what I wanted to eat for dinner on my first night back in Texas... I couldn't really think of anything. I definitely got use to the fresh grilled vegetables my host family would make and thought about the amazing pfannkucken we had on our last night with them. So they took me to the nearest trucker's diner near our house... haha, I love my family.

This opportunity was an amazing experience. Going to the bovine veterinary school in Hannover and getting the chance to have hands on experience in Germany was one of my favorite times. I've always wanted to be a veterinarian and just before I left to go to Germany I shadowed a 100% bovine vet, and I found my new passion. Going to Hannover and getting the chance to learn new methods of treatment completely solidified my want to do bovine medicine!

I look back on everything I did in Germany and I have no regrets. This trip was awesome. I made new memories, new friends and new family members (I love my host family)! I probably would have never talked to the people I met on this trip if it wasn't for this program. The awesome people that I met helped me realize exactly who I want to be and how I want to live the rest of my life. They were so inspirational and a hoot... :) So I thank everyone for making this experience a great one for me. Until we meet again, tchuess.

No comments: