Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My last day in Germany......Again

On the morning of the 9th, Jordan and I went to the airport to catch a plane that was supposed to leave at 11:25. Well, as you can tell by my choice of words in the last sentence, it didn't! Apparently, an eagle flew into one of the engines of the plane we were supposed to take, thus grounding it for the day. Because of this, Jordan and I earned an extra day in Berlin with a nice free hotel room! We didn't leave the airport until around 3 pm, but we tried to make the most of the day so we went to west Berlin to see the remains of a bombed out church from WWII. On our way there, we decided to stop and eat at a Bavarian Beirgarten. After eating, we took pictures of the church, and walked in a few shops. While walking around, we found a guy on the streets that gives people fake tattoos, so we decided to get some! Mine was a cross from the ruined church, and Jordan's was a butterfly. After the tattoos, we did some more shoping and returned to the hotel.
The next day, things ran much more smoothly and we were able to fly back to Texas, making a stop in New York. At first, Jordan and I were not happy that our flight had been canceled, but we realized later that it was a gift to spend one more day in Berlin. I feel that we made the most of it, and now I am glad it happened!

No comments: