Monday, August 04, 2008

Recharged for Berlin

After a long relaxing weekend, I am ready for Berlin. Berlin is the place I most wanted to visit since the beginning of the trip. I have heard that there is so much to do and see and I cannot wait. I am feeling a tad bit tired at the end stretch of the trip, but I will use my reserves and be active in Berlin. I would not forgive myself if I let this oppurtunity pass me. I am most excited to see the Berlin Wall. For four decades this wall separated the East and West. I cannot even imagine how this must of been for a growing Germany. To be a top notch nation and still have a dividing wall in the middle of its biggest city. It must of been like the elephant in the room for a long time. Everybody knew it was there, but did not and could not do anything about it. Well now it is down for about 20 years so I get to see the results of this major event in German history. I also get to ride a bike in Berlin. That will be totally gnarly. I will get to be 10 again and bust out some bunny hops. I am fully rested for Berlin and fully excited.

No comments: