Wednesday, January 08, 2014

YOPO!

Excitement and anxiety overwhelmed me as I looked out my train car window on the journey to Prague. The graffiti on the walls quickly reminded me that I do not know German, but I really do not know Czech. As we finally arrived to the train station a sigh of relief eased my nerves, but at this point we've only completed half the battle. We found our way to the hotel by way of Michael's handy dandy smart phone. Without him, or rather his phone, we would probably still be in the train station to this day.

Every time we go to another city I think it is prettier than the last, but Prague is absolutely gorgeous! There was so much to do, but so little time.  It was the greatest destination decision for a free weekend. Very tourist, but not wallet friendly as there were numerous souvenirs to buy and food to eat. Luckily the Christmas Market was still open so we were able to get a glimpse of what we missed in Germany. It was marvelous to see so many different types of people at different stages in their life all commence in a central location.  This is something I am envious of as the only thing even comparable to this in the United States is Black Friday.  It holds the same purpose, but they contrast just a little in some aspects. 

All in all Prague was a magnificent trip where my peers and I bonded more than we have the whole time we've been abroad. We learned more about ourselves, each other, and even matured more as young adults. As we were in a foreign city with only our classmates to rely on it taught us to be resourceful, dependable, and leaders. I absolutely loved Prague and this a weekend that none of us will forget.   

No comments: