Thursday, January 09, 2014

Let the good times roll in........Praha and Hannover!!

I am not combining these cities because they are anything alike in fact I am combining them because they are complete opposites.
Our free weekend was spent in Prague at a 4 star hotel, and it was probably the most amazing place I have visited to this day!! The city is gorgeous it is the perfect mix of old and new.  The streets are cobblestone and the buildings are as old as the city itself, while there is still concrete and new buildings all around.  On our first day we were able to get all the way to Prague with no problems, when we got there that was a whole other story, without Michael's phone we probably would have ended up staying at the subway station for the night; Once we got to the hotel we checked in and went to have an amazing dinner.  The next morning we slept for quite a while and then just went and walked around the city.  It was really nice not having to be anywhere at a certain time, it allowed us to see the city for what it truly was.......beautiful. After having a great night on the town we had to say goodbye to Prague and move on to Hannover.
Hannover while it looks nothing like Prague has its own sort of beauty.  The city is a whole lot newer then any of the cities we have been to including Vienna which we will leave for tomorrow.  While we did not see as much of the city as I would have liked we were able to visit the hospital and see the nephrology and cardiology departments.  This was actually a whole lot more fun then I thought it was gonna be because we were able to meet a patient who had a LVAD, and get his perspective on the whole procedure.  We then were able to go to the zoo the next day, which I would have to say was just so amazing. It allowed us to unwind and get a little out of the whole learning vibe, I will say it was a well needed break.
While it has been fun in Germany I look forward to seeing what Austria has in store for us, but most of all at this point in my European adventure I am most looking forward to going home and being able to sleep in my own bed! Until next time let the good times roll!

No comments: