Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Let the good times roll in........Wien!!!

Over the last few days, we have spent our last days in Vienna.  While it was probably the most pretty place that we stayed in while we were here in Europe, there was always this feeling at the back of my stomach that we were leaving soon and that the fun would be ending as abruptly as it had started.  Even with this feeling I still tried to make the best of the time that we had left.  While there my favorite things we did would have to be the visit of the St. Michaels church and Catacombs, and the Wax model visit at the Josephine.  The St. Michaels visit was really cool because we went down in the crypt and were able to see bodies from centuries ago and some of them were even preserved almost to perfection, what is really interesting about this is the fact that they were preserved on accident it really blows my mind as to what science can do.  The visit to the Josephine was also quite spectacular because we were able to see all of the wax models.  Knowing that we one day may be using models like these to help further our studies gave me a kind of thrill that I can't wait to get again.  After finishing our tours we had our final dinner at the Goulash Museum while it was sad to say goodbye to all my new friends it was also exciting to know that we would be home soon and getting ready to attend school on monday.  And with this my story is over but I will always remember how we let the good times roll!!

Jan 13, 2014

No comments: