Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ready to Take a Little Risk

Back in June, my parents and I had a long discussion about the opportunity to study abroad for three weeks in Germany.  The thought was a little out there, due to the fact that I have never really had the chance to take this sort of a "risk" so to speak by myself before. My dad looked at me and told me I could go. Shocked by the news, I was still processing everything in my head. As the semester rolled around, I decided to get on board and get outside my comfort zone.

The semester has flown by, now with only 11 days until I depart from good ol' Fort Worth for a three week long excursion to tour and learn about Germany and Austria, life in Europe, and the way that medical history has developed throughout a continent that is much older than the USA. Europe is filled with rich history, with both its good and bad memories. I wanted to study abroad to be outside my comfort zone, and do something I had never done before.  I want to become more open minded in the way I think and act and the way I perceive the world. 

I am excited to be able to learn in a different environment other than College Station, and I am ready to be immersed into a completely different culture than the one I am used to. The next 11 days cannot go by any slower as I am so ready to board the plane and take on a new adventure! Germany, here we come! 

No comments: