Monday, December 30, 2013

On to Berlin!

As day 4 in Germany comes to an end, I can definitely say that I have learned a lot about its Roman and medical past. It has been a blast touring through Bonn and Köln and being able to take in all of its beauty. I have never been to Europe much less out of Texas so to me these cities are amazing. I really wish we would be able to stay longer or visit these cities again. Now I’m just looking forward to New Years in Berlin.
I can also say that I can order food and be able to survive in Germany. I’ve enjoyed trying the different foods such as döner (from the street and restaurant), currywursts, wurst croissants, Berliner (jelly doughnut), lift, chocolate, and kölsch. These foods are definitely different yet still taste very good.
Being able to experience mass at the Kölner Dom was a once in a lifetime experience. Although I did not understand most of what was being said, I still felt a connection to the church and the people in being able to take part in the event. There was also strong connection to the Gestapo Prison and the people who were once in there.

I am already looking forward to the next 12-13 days in Germany, the Czech Republic, and Austria.

No comments: