Monday, December 30, 2013

Let the good times roll in........Bonn and Koln!!!!

Over the past week I have been able to experience Germany for the very first time; while I have traveled all over Europe, I have never come upon a culture like theirs.  I would have to describe it as almost British.  Bonn and Koln are very old cities with pasts that are connected to the very memorable Romans, but the cities have adapted into a new city vibe with old city structures.  While it is something that I did not expect to come across it is still extremely pretty.  
Today, I was also able to experience a brain surgery for the very first time!!!! It is definitely the most memorable part of the trip as of yet.  I learned not only about the brain but also the background of the anesthesia that was used to keep the patient asleep.  
All though I have been having a great time here in Germany, I am now missing some of the comforts of home like my own bed (mostly because the bed that I have been sleeping in is not that comfortable even though the hotel is gorgeous), and food from my favorite places (Fuego and Jins…Yum).  
As I get ready to leave for Berlin tomorrow I know that I will encounter some of the coolest things tom row night for New Year’s Eve, but I am kind of worried that I will not have enough room for all of the stuff that I have bought in both Italia and Germany!!! Until next time let the good times roll!!!

No comments: