Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wilkommen in Wien, Osterreich


Willkommen in Wien, Osterreich

Well here we are in Vienna well Wien in the native Deutsch the first free weekend has passed and I must say I am very please with how it turned out.  We visited Munchen Bayern or Munich, Bavaria in the southern region of Germany and this is true to say that this is what I thought initially of germany lots of sausages and huge glasses of beer with the people wearing those "unique" clothes.  The group split up betwen some doing a free walking tour and some went of to Mike's Bike Tour I went on the bike tour and I even though I had to pay one good thing came out of it...... my feet didn't hurt.  The guide was a most ..... interesting character.... but in a positive way.  He showed us a lot around Munich my personal favorite spots were the four lions bearing the shields that bring good luck, and the english biergarten.  The biergarten astonished me it was so massive and beautiful it literally felt like we were going through a forest in the mountains.  The tour guide stop at a spot in the beirgarten were we can purchase some food and the awesome mass, the large liter glasses of beer, I purchase two one for me and one for my brother.  We also when to the brewery, i dont remember then name but its famous for its large mugs of beer awesome music and super rude waiters.  On Sunday I went to Fussen with Michelle, Morgan, Sarah, and Meredith to the Neuschanstein Castle located about 2 hours south of Munich ( I think that is the right direction) and I must say this trip was probalby the most workout I have done since I goth here to Europe hiking up a hill then the walking back down part killed me since it was so hard to stop myself from running down the hill.  It was really funny though because on our way to Fussen I forgot my Eurorail pass so I'm thinking I am gonna have to pay a fine the train attendant walk up to me and didnt even asked me for my ticket..... I was so relived that I didn't get charge.  Either someone loves me very much or the luck from the shield bearing-lions in Munich came into play and its funny though because of the story that comes with the shields.  There are four shields if you rub all four you are considered greedy but I only rubbed 2 I figured a happy medium would be nice and it looks like it played in favor.  the Castle of Neuschanstein and Hoenshuanga thorougly impressed me the sheer magnificence and splendor of the castle (although the military history nerd inside me was not impressed the castle would not serve a very good defense but thats just an opinion).  But the day in Fussen went very well we all made the train on time, I got away with not paying the first trip, and we made all English tour guides, and we got to see this two beautiful castles and their amazing content a very solid weekend.  

No comments: