Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Entry in Deutschland

Well this has certainly been an experience many first for me.

first time on a plane
fist time running late to catch a plane
first time in Europe
first time getting lost in Europe
first time ever inside a massive cathedral

This has certainly lived up so far to be in an experience and I am very grateful I am traveling with the group that I am a lot of them are very knowledgable as far as traveling in Europe and I have their expertice to rely on but I am learning as well, and learning the meaning as to why the Germans are so punctual.  This whole concept of using buses, trams, and trains is still some what a little strange for me to grasp but I am adapting pretty fast to the nature of running for the buses or making sure you give yourself some "buffer time" in order to make it on time.  So far my nature as another kind of foreigner has not payed out but I am hoping my roots as a latino and a native spanish speaker will help me get out of a problem, if need be, in the future.  I am most please with my host family they are very caring, very communicative, and always try to show me or teach me a little bit of the culture not just of Germany but of the Rhineland and Bonn.  They are also very interested in learning of my own culture considering im not just your average texas a&m student but a native Mexico.  I brought my family some classic mexican candies and a traditional artisan piece for them in addition I will later give them the newest version of the jersey for the Mexican national team as my last good bye.  I have had minimal contact with my family back home I mostly text my niece through and online application I have on my phone but that is all, but it has not been an issue so far.  I have begun my collecting souvernirs that I will take back to the states a large glass mug, a german hand fan, and classic thin glassware from Gassel for drinking beer so far are the only ones collected so far.  I still need some for my niece, mother, and my sister's boyfriend but that will come as I continue my travel to Europe and I explore more of what Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic has to offer.

No comments: