Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Prague!


I have looked forward to travelling to Prague since I was little. Knowing that it was left untouched after the world wars has always drawn me to it and I’m happy that I’ve seen it with my own eyes and experienced it. Being an eastern European city, its charm is different than that of Vienna or Munich. It was a little rough around the edges coming into the city from the train station, but arriving at Sir Toby’s Hostel was like coming home to a warm fire and freshly baked cookies after a long day of travel. I heard about Sir Toby’s originally through a Breakaway Ministries summer Podcast, which specifically mentioned The Mosaic House, a sister hostel of Sir Toby’s. After perusing the suggested hostels that Dr. Wasser had recommended, I saw that Sir Toby’s was listed there, so I knew that I wanted to go and see what all of the rave reviews were about.  I also met a girl named Beth who is interning with Sir Toby’s for the summer  doing an evangelism program and she and I got to talking about how I heard about Sir Toby’s and it turns out that she knows Breakaway Ministries and even listens to the podcasts. This was cool for me because I love Breakaway Ministries and what they do on the Texas A&M campus, creating an environment for Aggies to come together, worship, and study the Bible together. I was also astounded because it’s not often that you find a hostel in the middle of Europe that is so welcoming to so many different kinds of people, and yet has evangelism and the gospel of Christianity set as its core. I loved stumbling upon a treasure like Sir Toby’s in a happenstance way like this and I loved staying there too.I met people from new York, California, the Netherlands, England, and Chile. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day and Sir Toby’s has it all, which I greatly appreciated. I loved seeing the beauty and history of prague but I have to say that I would go back for sir toby’s.  That being said, the Charles Bridge, The steps to the castle, the old town square, and the astronomical clock were all places that we saw in Praha and though it’s a definite tourist destination, I was happy to be a tourist and see the sights of Prague for a day. On a whole, Prague is a stunning city and Sir Toby’s is the best Hostel that I’ve ever encountered, and the best that I suspect I will ever encounter, and I’ll be back someday. 

No comments: