Sunday, August 21, 2011

weekend 3

Weekend 3
July 22-24
We decided to go to munich for our long weekend. I went with a group of 8 people. We decided that it would be better to leave early Friday morning rather than Thursday night like some others. I think it was a good choice because from what we heard the night train wasn’t very comfortable. Anyway we got in around lunch time and quickly walked to our hostel. We stayed at the meninger (or something like that). It was a lot cheaper than I had expected which was nice. After realizing that we were a little early for check in so we decided to head over to the Augustiner Brau haus. This was my first taste of munich beer and it didn’t disappoint me. I had a mass of augustiner edolstoff. Great choice in my opinion. After this we went back to the hostel and regrouped. The next day we decided to go to the englisher garten which was nice but it rained a little bit which wasn’t the best. We walked around which wasn’t really my thing but we then ended up at the Chinese tower which was really cool. We had masses of hofbrau dunkle which was wonderful. (I think I developed a taste for dunkle even more in munich) While there we got to people watch which was really funny. There was a man in a where’s waldo costume which cracked me up. We also went to the Technical museum that day. I was really impressed with the detail and amount of different things in the building. I would love to go again another time when I return to Germany. One of the bigger highlights was going to the hofbrau haus. It wasn't the same as augustiner but it was different in a good way. It was very touristy but I think thats why I liked it. I got to try all of the different kinds of hofbrau that they offered. After this weekend I feel in love with Bayern and really hope to return there one day.

No comments: