Friday, June 30, 2006

Two More Days!

My name is Katie Ramirez, and I am a junior biomedical engineering major from Houston, Texas. I cannot believe we only have a few more days until leaving for Germany! I have never been out of the country before, so I am tremendously excited! My family is somewhat of a soccer family, so we have been following the games pretty closely (Germany 1 Argentina 1 at the moment). It should be an experience being in Germany for the final game in the World Cup.

This summer thus far has been pretty uneventful. I was waitressing at a restaurant in Houston called Pappasito’s, but I had my last day on Tuesday which was great! I love it for the most part, but I can do with out being on my feet for 12 hours for awhile. The chips and tortillas are great, but they were starting to get to me. I am glad to be done with Mexican food for a time. Sausage, bread, and beer is sounding much better!

I still have so much to do before leaving on Sunday. The more I think about all the things I need to get done the more I want to not do them, which has been the trend the last couple of days. My hope is that Saturday will be a productive day. One of my best friends is getting married this Saturday night to a man she has been dating for 5 years, so there has been a lot of last minute wedding details I have been helping her with. But, like everything else it seems, all these things will get done, the wedding will be beautiful, and we will all be in Germany in just a few days!

I am also very exciting about meeting my German family! We have been communicating through e-mail, and they are so sweet! I am just hoping they will like me. I am unsure of what my expectations are for my trip to Germany, but I am looking forward to getting to know everyone, being challenged and having a great time. See you all in a few days!

No comments: