Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ready to go!


Howdy! My name is Regina and I'm a biomedical science major from San Antonio. I'm so excited to meet all of you and am looking forward to our stay in Germany. I cannot wait to meet my host family and to travel on weekends. I have emailed back and forth with my host family twice now, and they sound really nice. Up until now, I've been working in a vet clinic here in San Antonio, but I'm ready for a break. Its been really exciting to dig out my passport and euros and to start planning what I'll be bringing. Although I'm looking forward to the trip, I am a little nervous, especially about arriving, because I only know a couple words in German. Still, I've traveled quite a bit and have been to Europe twice before, so I suppose I'm not as nervous as I could be! My mother is half German, so I grew up hearing some German, but I never tried to learn the language (wish I had!) I'm not leaving until the 2nd, but I'll be in California next week, so I've got to pack now... Ok, hope everyone has a safe trip over and I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. If anyone is interested, I will be going to Dresden on one of our free weekends. Its a historic town in Germany, and my relatives have a bed & breakfast there, so I'll be staying there. Anyone is welcome to join me!

No comments: