Monday, June 26, 2006

Deep thoughts by Erin: issue 1

Deep thoughts by Erin:
I will start off this first blog posting with the traditional line, “I can’t believe that our trip is here, I am so excited”. I am an Animal Science / Genetics major from none other than the Big D (Dallas). Home of Dirk Nowitzki, and where there is an average of 26.3 square feet of retail space for every man, woman, and child. That’s all you really need to know about my hometown. On another note, I received an email from my host family. And let me tell you… the email was what I like to call, “All German all the time.” I had to go onto an online translator to read it. I don’t really know what I was expecting, but it was definitely one of those fun shocking moments. I really hope I can learn some more German while I am there other than the four things I currently know. I can count to 10, say beer, tell someone it is windy and ask where the toilet is. So hypothetically speaking, I could say, “It is windy, one beer please where is the toilet?” but hey, you got to start somewhere. I also hope I can use this trip (here comes another cliché line) to spread my wings. I am pretty sure I am traveling alone on the way to Düsseldorf. Therefore, I am armed and ready for this German adventure only with my one suitcase, one line of German, and a passport. Do I need more? I think not. Can’t wait to see the rest of you guys in T minus 6 days.

This paragraph is just a little more about me. It is not connected to the trip to Germany you can stop reading now if you choose. Like I said, my name is Erin Briskie. I was on the A&M swim team for 4 years. It was a fantastic experience full of motivational and inspirational stories. My future plans include winning the lottery, but if that doesn’t work out then I want to go to vet school. Other than that, I am pretty outgoing, creative and overall like to make the best of every situation.

Life motto: Do what you like, like what you do

No comments: