Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Almost There!!

Howdy everyone!! My name is Kathy Breffeilh and I am a Junior Biomedical Engineering Major from Madison, Alabama. I now have four days left until I leave for Germany...and I am no where near being ready!! I am starting to get things together, but I know there are many things I still have to do.
The main thing I have been doing this summer is working. I babysit these two boys that live down the street for eight hours a day three days a week. Tomorrow is my last day for babysitting them and I'm excited because that means I am very close to leaving for Germany. I am really looking forward to being in Germany and I can't wait to get there!! I will admit, though, that I am kinda nervous, too. I have been to Europe once before, but this will be the first time on my own there.
I've been talking to my host family via e-mail and I am very excited about meeting them. I've also been trying to learn German so I won't be completely clueless! I know this program will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me and I am hoping to see as much as I can, learn as much as I can, and get as much out of it as I can! See you in a few days in Dusseldorf! Tschüss!!

No comments: