Sunday, June 11, 2006

And We're Off 2006!!

I'm heading up before the rest of the group with my girlfriend Stacey. We're flying out tomorrow, June 12, 2006. We'll be flying out from IAH and getting into London Gatwick. There are so many trains to catch and money withdrawls to be made. Stacey has never flown before and neither of us have really traveled so we're pretty much freaking out here. I realize they speak English and they're a completely industrialized nation, but for some reason there is still a deep fear that we're going to get pushed around and mugged as we make our way through the streets with our backpacks. I'm so excited to get this trip underway as I've been waiting to see the world my entire life. This experience will be one I'll never forget and hopefully one I'll learn a great deal from. I'm glad that by the time the rest of you arrive in Germany I'll be the calm, cool, and collected one that can offer advice and share tales of my travels. I can't wait to see you all. Wish me luck! Bon Voyage...

No comments: