Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The blogging...it begins

Howdy, Derek Gower here. I'm a senior (feels weird to say it) Biomedical Science major from Corpus Christi, (now Mansfield) Tx. I'm leaving on the 28th to stay for a few days on my own at a friend's house in Munich, and then catching a train to start the program on the 3rd. Here's to a few more days to get over jet lag. Anyways, it's only one week until my departure, and my mind is only now starting to wrap itself around what's about to happen. I've been working full time in the registration office all summer sitting at a desk, so I'm ready for something a bit less monotonous, a little more stimulating. Being as I'm still deciding what to do with this degree once I'm finished, I'm hoping this trip will shed some kind of light on the field and give me some feel for potential careers. Mostly, I'm just coming into this without any unrealistic expectations, wanting to experience things to the fullest. I'm hoping to go to Prague, Amsterdam/Belgium, Switzerland, and maybe France, but those plans are flexible. I can't wait to be in Duesseldorf and get started with this amazing experience with all of you. I hope everybody has a safe trip, see you all in Germany.

No comments: