Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Adventure Begins

I cant believe today is the day I am going to leave for Germany! Time this summer has just flown by to this day. I am extremely excited to see what the rest of the summer has in store for me. I know the time in Europe will fly by just as quick as the beginning of the summer did. As I have been preparing to leave, it has been strange packing to go to another country knowing my family won't be going with me. While I have traveled to Europe before, I have never been to Germany. I am nervous and excited about meeting my host family. While I have communicated with them a little I am anxious to meet them and build new relationship with them. I am glad I will be able to stay with Germans and hope to learn more about their culture from this experience. Also, maybe I will pick up some German too because I don't know any.

There are so many places I wanna see in Europe. I am excited I will have the chance to go to some this summer. I can't wait to see the new sites and just take it all in. I hope I have the opportunity to just enjoy the culture and the people and the food. I am excited about trying new foods. I love food because I think food really shows a lot about the culture. And who doesn't love food? I love learning and am excited about the opportunity to experience a little of what is like to learn in another country. There are just so many things I am excited, nervous, anxious, and thrilled about.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything because the adventure is about to begin!!!

No comments: