Thursday, June 25, 2015

Counting Down the Days

I can't believe that I leave for Germany in just five days! I feel so unprepared and stressed even though I know I should be really excited. I know I'll get excited once we are on our way. For now I'm worrying about the typical travel concerns. I've never been to Europe so I have no idea what to expect. I've tried to read up about traveling tips and what to pack but I know it won't be perfect. I suppose that's part of the adventure. Even though I'm nervous I know it's all going to be alright and the things I remember about this trip won't be how worried I was before.

I am so excited to get to see Europe for the first time through a study abroad. I have always wanted to study abroad but didn't want to take a whole semester from school to do it so when there was an email sent out about this summer program it seemed like the perfect fit for me. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to be able to experience something like this while I am still in college before real adult life hits. I am really excited to meet new people. I like that our group is small enough that we can all get to know each other really well during our trip. I'm also excited about getting to stay with a host family and the opportunity to be more fully immersed in the culture.

I'm not usually the type of person to leave my comfort zone but I feel so blessed to have this chance to do something spontaneous and I can't wait for all the adventures that are awaiting us.

Lauren Weise

No comments: