Sunday, June 28, 2015

To Germany we go

It's been a crazy last week trying to complete everything I need to finish before I leave the country for 5 weeks. Wow 5 weeks..that sounds like a long time. Cue the anxiety of being in a foreign land for that long. But lets talk about the excitement that trumps any and all anxiety.

As a family, we've traveled tons. Mexico, Canada, Bahamas been there done that. Last summer we even did 17 days in Europe. Munich Germany was by far my favorite from the choices of London, Paris, Beaune, Lauterbrunnen, Munich, Venice, Florence, and Rome. I knew that I had to find a way to get back to Germany somehow. Then I stumbled upon this program and I knew it was bound to be perfect. I've never traveled abroad without my family so a couple nerves are originating from that alone, but I know those will quickly subside as soon as I step foot on German soil.

I've been bubbling over with excitement as the days before departure wind down and last minute things fall into place. I can't wait to meet my host family and learn more in depth German culture from them and compare how different things are between The States and another country. I am also so incredibly excited for the field trips we will take with the program, and also the ones we will do as a group of friends on our weekends! I'm almost even excited for the things that will go wrong and the goofy mistakes we will make like probably missing our stop on a train and who knows what else.

Until then, I will be counting down the hours till departure and waiting on the memories in the making! See you soon Germany!

No comments: