Friday, June 26, 2015

Three More Days

Only three more days until I hop on a plane and fly across the pond. The anxiety and excitement are setting in. Having never been to Europe, I’m unsure what to expect. I know there will be different cultures, languages, currency, and even scenery.   Knowing this does not make me feel any more prepared. It’s the unknown that makes me anxious, but also adds to the excitement.

 In the last few days I’ve been overwhelmed with packing. How do I pack for six weeks in Europe in a carry on sized bag? Am I packing the right clothes? Am I packing enough clothes? What am I forgetting? I guess I’ll find out when I get there.
What about the trains? My only experience with trains is listening to the one that passes through College Station. For as much as I’m anxious, I’m even more excited.

One of the main things I’m excited about is experiencing the culture by staying with a host family. I think this opportunity will give me a better understanding of the culture than if I were just staying in a dorm. I’m also excited to learn about history of medicine, as I have always been intrigued by medicine. I’m looking forward to all the excursions that aren’t available in College Station, like paragliding off mountains and jumping of cliffs in canyons.


I’m sure in just a few short days my anxieties will fade, and I will be left with only the excitement.

No comments: