Wednesday, June 24, 2015

So close, yet so far

Travel has always excited me. I love seeing new places and learning about their history and culture. I had been looking for a study abroad for the summer months when I found this one. I have friends who did this study abroad for a whole semester and I didn't think I was ready to take that much of a leap yet, but the 5 week program sounded perfect! I'm anxious and excited for this experience all at once. I've never been away from home (or college station) for over a week so this will be a whole new experience for me.
Now that Germany is less than a week away I've slowly been trying to pack my bag. I've been told so many tips and tricks to pack for a month in just a carry on, but actually doing it is a whole different story. I'm also have a tendency to over pack, so this will really be a challenge. I think my biggest fear is getting separated from the group and not having any money, but overall I think I will be okay. 
I'm usually a planner but with Germany being so far away and not knowing my day to day schedule yet, I am excited to get there and just live life in the moment. I can't wait for this experience and I know I will be booking my next trip as soon as I get back. 
Auf Wiedersehen Amerika!

No comments: