Sunday, June 28, 2015

On a scale of 1-even, I just can't.

Well, one more day till I fly to Germany. Literally so excited, I can't even.

Things I am excited about:
I am really anxious to see what their hospitals, medical schools, and vet schools are like. I will be interesting to see how they compare to the ones in the U.S. One of my favorite things about this program is being able to stay with host families rather than hotels. This will really give us a good German experience and a good taste of their culture. I am really excited about trying their food and all the different types of beer. Mhmmmm beer. Also, my family originated from Germany so I have a lot of relatives in Germany and Austria. I am actually planning to meet up with some family members in Vienna so I am really excited about that... My last named used to be spelled "Teltschik" but whenever my Great, great, great Grandad David Teltschik emigrated to the Galveston from Austria in 1855 he changed the spelling to "Telchik" because people had a hard time saying it. Our family has a tower called Teltschik Tower a few outside Bonn so hopefully one day during the week I can make a trip out there and see it! I would be so happy.

Things I am worried about.
I'm not a big worrier. So I'm not worried about nothing. Just kidding. I am a little worried about the pick pocketing. I do have locks for my backpack and suitcase so I think I should be fine. One other thing I am a little worried about is being completely on my own on the weekends. Not really worried just kind of nervous. I know this will definitely help me grow up a little and make me adapt and learn their culture.

But other than that I am sooooooo excited for this trip. It will definitely be a trip of a lifetime. So stay tuned to my next blog. I will try to make it more interesting, but no promises.

Collin Telchik

No comments: