Monday, June 29, 2015

Can't Wait!

Well, I’m very excited to be leaving for Germany later today.  This will be my second time traveling to Europe and visiting Germany.  This first time that I went I was 16 years old on a high school educational tour for two weeks.  I was very excited then, as well as I am now.   
I expect Germany to be just as beautiful as it was when I visited a couple of years ago.  I’m looking forward to visiting all of the different landmarks and architecture, as well as, traveling to the various neighboring countries.  It will definitely feel like a breath of fresh air visiting places that I’ve never seen before.
I am a little anxious to be traveling, however.  I am definitely worried about getting lost and not being able to find someone who speaks English.  Which probably won’t happen because many Europeans do speak English, I think.  I am also worried that when I get to Germany I will realize that I have forgotten to pack something.  Packing was definitely a struggle for me.  I contemplated on fitting everything into a duffel bag, suitcase, and backpack, and then I realized that I love to go shopping and that I would most likely need some extra space for souvenirs, or extra clothes, that I may buy.  I am also a little nervous that I will become the girl from the movie “Taken” and my father, who is definitely not Liam Neeson, will have to come and find me.  I don’t actually think I'll be taken though.

Even though I am a little nervous about traveling abroad, I am definitely more excited than anything.  I am excited to be in a new place with amazing food and an amazing culture, and I am looking forward to learning about the history of medicine in Germany.  The one thing that I am the most excited about is probably gaining some independence.  I am an only child from a small town who was raised in a very protective environment.  By being able to explore new places on my own and to be able to try new things outside of my comfort zone, I will be able to gain a since of independence while I am away.  I can’t wait! 

No comments: