Sunday, June 28, 2015

Tuesday's Just Around the Corner

In high school I had the opportunity to travel to France and stay with a host family for two weeks during the summer. For the past two years I’ve been randomly searching for study abroad programs that could be interesting. I was really hesitant about spending an entire semester abroad and when I received an email about this program, I couldn’t pass up the informational meeting last fall. When I heard from other students about their experiences with this program, my heart was set on it. Who wouldn’t want to go to Germany and learn about medicine where it all started?

My experience with my host family in Paris was phenomenal and I can’t wait to do that again in Germany. There’s no better way to be culturally immersed than to stay with a host family! It’ll be a lot easier this time around since there won’t be a language barrier (in most cases). Having to speak French all the time could be somewhat stressful if I forgot a few words or had a hard time understanding my family since they spoke very little English. It’s comforting to know that many Germans speak English.


I have similar worries that most travelers have. I don’t know if I’m packing too much or too little for the five weeks I’ll be gone. I usually overpack, so it’ll be hard to consolidate everything and figuring out what’s not a necessity. The trains cause a little anxiety as well. I know they’ll be easy to figure out, but I don’t have any experience with them. I don’t really know what to expect for this program, but I know it will be more incredible than I ever could have imagined. I’m really excited to get to know everyone else going on this trip and meet a lot of great people while I’m there. Bring on the adventures. I’m ready for Europe!

No comments: