Monday, June 29, 2015

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow

I now find myself idle with nothing more to do to get ready for the next 5 weeks of my life. I feel as prepared physically and emotionally as possible when considering the whirlwind my life is about to become. When considering these emotions, I feel really anxious and also excited, and just full of anticipation about experiencing a new world with its own unique culture and food, music, history, and all its other aspects. Going abroad is something I've always wanted to do because seeing the world provides a whole new perspective on life and all it has to offer. What better way to broaden your understanding of the world than to throw yourself into a situation where you know nothing, which is exactly what I'm doing.

 I'd like to think I'm an expert on Austria because I can practically recite every word in 'The Sound of Music', but most of my knowledge of international culture stops there. German history has always fascinated me, and being a Biomedical Science major medicine plays a huge part in my life and undergrad studies. This program is a perfect combination of everything that is exciting and interesting to me and I cannot think of a better way to experience Europe for the first time than this. I'm hoping this program and the experiences I will have will help me in deciding on my future plans and goals, which are still quite underdeveloped. Who knows what a little perspective and wiener schnitzel can do...

Auf wiedersehen America,
Annie Starling

No comments: