Monday, June 22, 2015

omg Germany

My decision to study abroad was completely spontaneous. Though I do enjoy traveling, I'm no great adventurer, and was casually browsing through programs just for kicks when I stumbled across this one.  The class and destinations interested me, so I signed up, paid my bill, and went back to being consumed by school, applications, and work. It wasn't until today, when I was asked on several occasions when I was leaving, if I was packed, and if I was excited that I started to really think about the trip, and now, I can't stop thinking about it!

I am most excited about seeing the unbelievable architecture present all over Europe. I could spend every minute of the trip touring castles, stumbling across old churches, and wandering the streets of cities that were thriving long before Columbus sailed the ocean blue. I'm also really excited about the class. A friend of mine attended the spring semester version of this trip and raved about how captivating the class was. Both medicine and European history fascinate me, so I have no doubts that the class will live up to expectations.

Though I am nervous about packing, getting lost, and other typical traveling worries, I am most anxious about meeting my host family and all of you. I am quite shy around new people, and it may be a week or two before you hear me say more than a few words, but by the end of the trip, you'll find it hard to believe I was ever quiet to begin with! 

Let the packing begin. 





   

No comments: