Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Week in Bonn

     So, we finished our last week in Bonn.... I never would have thought this day would come so soon! It is amazing how fast 5 weeks go by! I am happy and sad about leaving Bonn! On the one hand I enjoy Bonn so much and it feels like home but on the other it feels like I need to go back home. It is time to progress out of this short trip in my life...... So on to what happened this week.
    The week started off strong on Monday where we traveled to the Kolner Zoo (tsoo if your german). At first I thought this would be like any other trip to the zoo in my life but, I was quickly surprised. The first surprise came when we were able to go in and pet and feed the giraffes! This was interesting and disgusting all in the same boat! Later we traveled to the food preparation facility and were shown different diets of different animals! Then we when to one of the most exciting parts where we were able to become part of the elephant exhibit as the keepers called the male elephant closer! I found it so unbelievable to see this elephant up close especially since it killed its past keeper. Finally to the most unusual part of the zoo. The monkeys were so interesting. They act so much like humans and I often must remember to blink as I see them doing "human" actions. What really blew my mind was the last monkeys memory of the keepers and their attachment to them! It was so fun and interesting to see.
      The week ended strong as well! We went to bingen and got on a rhinecruise! To be honest, I slept through most of it but I do remember when we go to the loroli cliff! This was very interesting to see the place where the legend come from. The other thing we did today was tour a very unique castle. This was the longest standing castle on the rhein and it was very big! I thought the tour guide was very funny and I found the small tunnels to be creepy and fun! There was a lot of history in that castle that you would not had seen otherwise.
       So, that is pretty much what we did this week ! It was a lot of fun and I felt very heartbroken leaving my host family and a city I felt I could call come! I hope to come back one day to there! Goodbye bonn! Tchuss

No comments: