Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bonn



The flight to Germany was long and exhausting, not to mention the girl I sat next to was not very pleasant. Once arriving and meeting everyone, I could definitely tell that this was going to be a fun group. Everyone was really nice and had already begun to bond on our long flights.  Our first city to adventure was Bonn, which to me closely resembled a town such as College Station.  The town was easy to navigate through and the people seemed friendly.  The first night in Bonn was a lazy and sleepy one for most of us. The next day was probably the most exciting experience of the whole trip; we were allowed to sit in on an open-heart surgery with probably the closest doctor to “McDreamy.”  We discussed the different techniques that they were using on the patient and the how bypass works.  The biggest shock to me was that this patient was fairly old and in the states a procedure like this would have not been done on such a patient.  When it is free, I guess it really does not matter.  The next night, we decided to adventure out on the town.  This entailed of us allowing Leo to find us a fun disco by asking random very sketchy strangers who wanted a picture with us, in the end it turned out to be an awesome night.  While the surgery was by far the most memorable part of Bonn, the museums that we went to were interesting and I learned a great deal from them.  Bonn would be a city that I would visit again if I have the opportunity to return to Germany. 

No comments: