Sunday, August 01, 2010

Last weekend in Bonn

Saturday July 31,2010

Thursday we got to the AIB and watched 2 movies. The first on the Berlin wall which was actually interesting and I FINALLY understand what’s going on with it! We took the subway to the House of History in Bonn. It was by far my favorite museum. There was a lot about Germany, Berlin, WWII, and just lots of info in a neat manner! Back at AIB we had a lecture over the Nuremburg code with physicians that were involved with the Nazis put on trial after the war.

Friday we met at the AIB and did some evaluations for the program and host families. I really feel like I got the best host family ever! We met at the train station and headed to Koln for the zoo. We got to see the behind the scenes of the elephants’ area. That was pretty neat. Afterwards we all went our separate ways for the weekend. I’m staying in Bonn this weekend but I’m very excited! I feel like we’re always going and can’t feel what it’s like to live a normal day so that’s my goal this weekend. Relax!

Saturday was a great day! I slept in and joined James for some breakfast with homemade strawberry jelly his twin sister made. Tasty! I went to the store with James (host pop) and he helped me pick out some good gifts for home. We went to DHL to find it was just over 5 kg so I had to pay the amount for a 10 kg package. Oh well. On the way to DHL we hit up a gypsy cemetery. Their graves are huge and extravagant with marble everywhere and gold. It’s ridiculous. So we went and got stuff mailed to DHL, looked at some anime kids walking around (been here since yesterday all dressed in anime clothes), and headed home. Once home I finally emailed my family for like the 3rd time since I’ve been here and ate a PBJ before heading into town. I went running down the Rhine for a bit. It was really pretty but for some reason even running down a beautiful river in Germany made me miss just simple College Station. I really can’t wait to get home. I’m so excited! Afterwards I headed to starbucks to finish working on things for Fish Camp. I set off for home and read my book a bit. A very relaxing day indeed!

No comments: