Sunday, August 01, 2010

End of Vienna and Prague weekend

Saturday July 24, 2010

Thursday we visited a hospital that’s the second largest in the world? We started in a circular building that was for the crazies so that when they got out of their rooms they would walk around and eventually end up in their room. Afterwards we ate lunch at a Pakistan restaurant that you only had to pay what you wanted for the buffet. It was interesting. The bread was normal so that was nice. The chicken wasn’t too bad but it had bones in it so wasn’t as pleasant to eat. After lunch we visited the anatomy collection in the round buildings which was super cool. Lots of nasty things happened back in the day. I don’t think I could be a health care provider then because everything was super nasty. It was overall very interesting. That night we hit the town and had some nice wine!

On Friday we headed to the neurological rehab center which was really neat! It really got me dreaming about the best job that I think I would enjoy. I’m thinking it would be like the neurological rehab only for prosthetics. I could do my PA thing, use my bioengineering with the prosthetics, and help people with physical therapies getting used to their new parts. I think it sounds really nice! We left for Prague for the weekend and it was raining when we arrived. It was quite an adventure to get money and find the way to the hostel. It was rainy, everything was getting wet, and we were tired of being lost, so we just got a taxi. Finally we got to the hostel. Hallelujiah! We put our stuff up and went to get some food at a very close restaurant. It was soooo good! They had like every kind of food. I had salmon with potatoes.

Saturday morning was good because we all slept in. We woke up just in time to go downstairs and get/make some breakfast. They had tasty rolls and Mamma Bear (Elsie) made some eggs. It was a little chilly and rainy but we took a tram into town and walked around a bit. The streets were neat and we wandered into a park place that looked like “the Shining” was filmed in it. There was a sort of bush maze there with a creepy wall that looked like heads. Turns out it was the place where their senate met up? I’m not too sure. We ended up also wandering up to the castle there where you could see the city pretty well. We all took some pictures with all the rooftops and moved on. Along the road everywhere there were these little paintings of the town that were all actually pretty good! I wish I had just bought one for mom instead of being a cheapo and not buying anything. We all shopped around for a bit before heading back to the hostel to get ready for the evening. We ended up doing a bar crawl which was so much fun! We got to meet people from all around the world! It’s really not as “crazy” as people imagine them. There are definitely some people that go overboard but overall I’d say it was a great experience!

No comments: