Saturday, August 28, 2010

Entry from 15.7.2010

This week in Hannover has been my favorite week so far. Not because I dislike Bonn, because that is not true. In fact, I'm sure I'll miss being at my host family's house after two full weeks of being gone. But I can't really explain it. I feel more comfortable going out at night and interacting with people. On the way to Hannover we stopped in Bad Oeyenhausen at the Heart and Diabetes center. Unfortunately, we weren't aloud to see a heart surgery like others were able to do in the past, but we were able to see the facility and look at some cool LVAD models. Yesterday we visited the clinic of Nephrology and the nephrologist was very engaging and informative. We got to see a patient on dialysis and it sparked my interest. There is plenty of room for medical improvement on procedures treating kidney failure! At night we went to a dance club close to the hotel. It was awesome! A bunch of young people (I guess they are on summer break right now) were there because of the special. It is 5 Euros to get in, but you get 5 free drinks inside. We met a lot of English speaking Germans and enjoyed their company.
And finally, today we went to some vet clinics. By far the highlight was inserting my arm in a cow's anus and feeling around its rectum. Never thought I'd actually do that. It is definitely an experience I won't soon forget. Now we head to Bonn and repack for Switzerland, Austria, and Czech Republic!

No comments: