Saturday, August 21, 2010

I hate Venlo!

Week 1, Blog #2 [July 9 - 12]




Location: Friday - Bonn, Weekend - Amsterdam







I was really looking forward to Friday's homeopathy lecture but the day was just too hot to be outside. I really wasn't buying everything the Homeopath was saying but I can not deny that some plants can be used to treat some ailments. Overall it was a very insightful lecture; I enjoyed it despite the heat.


Amsterdam was OK. It was really not what i expected. The city was easy to navigate but it was really crowded and dirty. The Van Gogh Museum was the highlight of the trip for me. I really wanted to go on a canal cruise but I did not want to go by myself. I was really disappointed that we did not get to go inside of Ann Frank's house. That was one of the top spots i wanted to visit in Amsterdam. I also wanted to go to the Heineken Brewery but I did not get to do that either. I guess that leaves me with things to do for my next trip to Europe.


The trip back from Amsterdam took forever, that is why I hate Venlo.... Only the girls will understand.







No comments: