Monday, August 23, 2010

Hearts, and Kidneys, and Cows... OH MY!!!!


July 13 - July 15
Locations: Bad Oeyenhausen & Hannover

The Bad Oeyebhausen Heart and Diabetes Center was very interesting. I was hoping we would be able to watch surgery but sadly we were not. My favorite part of this tour was the "LVAD through the ages" demonstration that was given to the engineering students. We got to see the different components of the LVAD and how it has changed over the past decade.


The nephrology clinic place in Hanover was very cool and interesting. I really enjoyed the presentation before the tour. This day was fun, especially the lake. Everybody took a nap and then we got on the boats. After the boats we went to eat at a restaurant, and I got the duck.... not very good. I also tried a grapefruit beer the first night..that was good.

The cow vet clinic was very fun; especially when we got to put our arms in the cow. I really could not feel anything. I am not sure if this was because I was too short and really could not reach anything or because it was full of air.... probably both.

No comments: