Thursday, July 01, 2010

eeeeep

June went by very quickly. I was supposed to spent this month learning German and planning out my weekend trips. Needless to say I only accomplished half of my goals. I am very excited to begin this trip and the class. I am also nervous, scared, and anxious.

The most nerve wrecking situation I think I will encounter will be staying with my host family. I am very nervous to stay with a family I do not know, I don't want to be a burden or make anyone feel uncomfortable. I have emailed my host family during the past weeks and they seem very nice and hospitable. I really hope we like eachother.

I am a very nervous traveller. I have been to Europe before, but only Spain. I know this will be completely different. In Spain I was very comfortable because I can speak Spanish fluently; I had no difficulties communicating with people or getting where I needed to go. I am a little scared to go somewhere where I will not know the language. I have armed myself with a dictionary, but that will surely distinguish me as a tourist; I must be discrete. My biggest fear is that I will loose my passport or miss a train and get stranded somewhere.

I really want to experience the excitement of a world cup game in a country that is very passionate about the sport. I am torn in the Argentina vs. Germany game this Saturday. On one hand I would like Germany to win to witness the celebration, but i am a tiny bit Argentinian.

I am very excited about the Homeopath lecture. I would like to get a professional perspective on the topic as I have only been exposed to my mother's version.

No comments: