Friday, July 30, 2010

Post from monday 7/12

After a full week of being abroad, I have gotten used to some things. I am slowly picking up on small phrases in German. I know my war around Bonn now pretty well, and I have gotten used to staying with my host family. Today we hiked up the Drachenfels with the group. It was a very steep and rigorous climb but we all made it to the top where there was a nice breeze.
The weekend in Amsterdam was off the chain! We broke the ice on traveling long distances in Europe, and we were pretty successful. I am very disappointed I was unable to go to the Rijks Museum or Van Gogh, but we did see the outside of the Ann Frank house and we visited Dom Square and the Red Light District. It was very different from what I am used to in the states. I like traveling together with the group because it forces us to get along and enjoy each other! I can't wait for our week inannover and Switzerland! We're going to do it BIG!

No comments: