Monday, July 12, 2010

Post Amsterdam / Pre Switzerland

I am really looking forward to our weekend trip to Switzerland. I have heard nothing but good reviews about the location where we be. This past weekend I ran into some people who had just left Switzerland (same exact hostel), and they mentioned it was a very relaxing and scenic weekend. Before we leave for Switzerland we will spend the week in Hannover where Dr. Wasser has a few tours and trips planned for us. It is possible that we might see some heart surgery (human and cow) which seems like it will be very interesting.
As for this past week, we went to Amsterdam for our weekend trip and saw the sights. I had my first hostel experience which was rather interesting to say the least. We got back from our first night on the town and to my surprise there was some stranger sleeping in my bed. Fortunately, they found me a bed in another room and everything was fine. The atmosphere was buzzing with excitement due to the World Cup game that Sunday evening. We weren't able to stay in Amsterdam for the game because we wanted to make it back for class Monday morning; however, we watched the game at a Biergarten in Bonn and had a great time.
With so much to do and see each day there is no time to be exhausted. With the World Cup in progress, staying out late and mingling with the locals, class in the morning, exploring the cities, guided tours, and riding trains all over, by the end of the day we are pretty wiped out. Although has been tiring the trip has been extremely fun. I look forward to each day and learning more and more about the German culture.

No comments: