Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hannover

Wednesday July 14th

On Monday we went to hike up Drachenfels and had a picnic. It was so pretty! The view was nice as we had our “sack lunch” which consisted of mystery German meat and pieces of bread. But all is well. At this point I think my tastebuds are expecting the unexpected. After getting back to Bonn, Claire and I went shopping with our host dad, James, which was nice because we were wondering what the German grocery stores had. They recycle their bottles and get money for it! A good deal if you ask me. I finally found some peanut butter and had to settle for some strawberry jelly. It’ll do though.

On Tuesday we got a tour of the hospital in Bad Oeynhausen and in the pediatric section they have something that kind of tells you to follow a rainbow to the treasure and if you follow it (on the tile) you get to a mirror that in German says “ the treasure is you!” …I thought it was pretty cute. We didn’t end up getting to see a surgery or artificial heart patients so that was kind of a letdown but that’s alright. We did however get to see the LVADs, so that was nice. That night we went to a Mexican restaurant in Hannover that could compete with Texas! I had a chimichanga that was quite tasty. After dinner I had a terrible realization that hulu and abc.com don’t work over here. Gasp!

Wednesday we napped, paddle boated, then ate at the Marriott hotel (lame, I know but the food was still European and wonderful!). While paddle boating we approached a man who was yelling at us in German. We didn’t understand so we asked him to speak English (in German) and he said “yes….get away” and we laughed and pedaled away. Haha

No comments: